"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Two Roberts

 We know some great Roberts, and so it made sense to choose the name Robert for our son. One of the best Roberts I know is my dad, pictured above with the other Robert. After the younger Robert's early delivery, my parents pushed up their trip out east so that they could come and help us as soon as possible. It's been fun having two Roberts in the house.

Yesterday, my mom walked into the kitchen and asked where Robert was. I told her, "He's under the piano." She looked at me quizzically, then went into the living room to find him. Shortly after I heard a laugh, and she said, "I couldn't think why your dad would be under the piano! But I see you were talking about the other Robert."
And there he was, sleeping peacefully. Now, if I had said Robert was sleeping under the piano, she probably would have been even more confused. Why would my dad take a nap under the piano!

No comments: