"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Does she ever NOT smile?

As the second child, big moments in Eva's life are too easily forgotten. Consider that I failed to take a picture of her on her first day of nursery school, for example. So I thought I should mark the month by doing a quick post to let everyone know that Eva has started nursery school. Despite the ordinary nervousness, Eva was all excitement and has had a great first few classes. When I picked her up from school today, her teacher asked me, "Does she ever NOT smile?" That question was a good sign that Eva is enjoying school.

Eva also has started gymnastics. As anyone who has seen her climb, tumble, cartwheel or twirl will attest, she seems like someone who would enjoy gymnastics. We scheduled her class for Fridays so Jeff can take her, and she loved her trial class. All those days of watching Maia at gymnastics... now she has a turn while Maia and Patrick are home with me.

So that's Eva - a happy child, content to spend most of her time playing with her younger brother, but also happy to be at school or at gymnastics.

No comments: