"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Making Plans at Dinner

Maia and Eva have been ever anxious to make plans for their future, especially for when they are "teenagers." These plans usually involve things like dyeing their hair, painting their faces whenever they want, piercing their ears, and now, moving out of the house. Here's a dialogue from a dinner we had a few nights ago:

M: "When I'm a teenager, I'm going to have my own place to live."
E: "And, Maia, can I live with you?"
M: "Why?"
E: "Because I can work for you."
M: "Like what would you do?"
E: "You know, if you want corn on the cob from the farmer's market, I could go and get it for you."
M: "Oh, OK, I guess you can live with me."
E: "And I will call you Master Frodo because I'll be like your Sam Gamgee."
M: "I guess I could call you 'good ol' Sam'."

These are imaginations becoming shaped by J.R.R. Tolkien, no doubt.

No comments: