"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Date Night with Patrick

A few weeks ago when the girls were at Grandma Cheryl's and Jeff was gone for the evening, I had a date night with my toddler son. This is what it was like.

I strapped Patrick in his high chair, and put some leftover spaghetti and meatballs on a plate on his tray. I sat down   at the table with a bowl of cereal. Soon Patrick stood up, shimmying out of his strap while taking a few bites of a meatball. He climbed off of his high chair, onto a kitchen chair, and then climbed onto the table. After casually batting the chandelier a few times, he threw the remainder of his meatball into my bowl of cereal and stomped on my spoon when I set it down.

I lifted him off of the table and attempted to put him back in his high chair, but he pulled the "stiff leg" trick until I finally gave up and set him down on the floor. Then he climbed onto my chair, standing behind me and pulling at my hair and laying on my back until finally I gave up on eating and decided to put him to bed.

What a date night.

No comments: