"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kindergarten Promotion

 I wanted to upload some videos from Maia's kindergarten promotion, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. So anyway, here are some photos. The above is right before the class marched out. Maia was very proud that she was selected as line leader for graduation.
 Here they are as they begin to sing "Watch me as I graduate, as I march around the room..."
 This is Maia with her favorite classmate, Dylan.
Above is Maia in front of the house after her promotion ceremony. We were a little surprised about the mortar boards! I think it makes Maia look very old.

 Above is Maia acting out "Baa, baa, black sheep," in which she played the Dame.

Here's the Kindergarten AM class with their teachers and diplomas.
Maia got a little graduation money from her adoptive local grandparents (Poppy Dave and Grammy Kathy), and she used it to get her and Eva's faces painted at the zoo.

To be honest, kindergarten promotion seemed a little over-the-top for us. But it was fun, and the kids enjoyed preparing for it, and family enjoyed attending too. It really does kind of mark a milestone for Maia, as in the fall she'll have full-day school, which I, find myself unprepared to embrace. Imagine going so long without seeing her all day!!!

No comments: