"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Worms!

I've been indecisive about the garden for this year, given the horrible returns from last year's attempt. But while we were outside one morning this week, I decided to dig up the weeds in my garden patch and start turning the soil, anyway. This led to the most wonderful of all discoveries for my toddler, who was unable to appreciate such things last year. Dirt - one of his favorite things. And it was so loose, so moist, so black, and... so filled with wonderful, wonderful worms. He couldn't get enough. I could tell he was wishing for more hands.
 I had quite a time trying to convince him to put the worms back down in my garden. And the girls got me scared that one of the worms had fallen down his sleeve. I shook out the Giants jacket, and it was filthy enough to require a washing.

No comments: