"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fr. Bacon

After the girls and I crashed a reception for a new candidate to the diaconate/priesthood (one of Jeff's former students, but Jeff wasn't with us) in our church hall, we had this conversation on the way home:

M: So we should call him Fr. Carmine.
TM: Well, not yet...
M: That's right. He's not a priest yet or a deacon. But when he is a priest, I will call him FATHER Carmine.
E: And when he is a priest, I will call him BACON.
M: Eva, that's not appropriate!
E: Then, when he is a priest, I will call him FATHER BACON.

I have no idea why Eva thought of this.

No comments: