"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Budding Iconographer?

Maia made this picture - three angels sitting at a table. I asked her where she got the idea for it and she said, "I don't know, I just had it in my head." They're the angels that Abraham gave dinner to."

I thought this was just absolutely amazing. How did she know that story? And how could she by chance draw it so similar in format to the famous Rublev icon?

I shared my amazement with Jeff when he returned from work. He reminded me that the Rublev icon is the wallpaper on his laptop. In other words it was probably in Maia's mind because she sees it on his computer.

Oh, well.

No comments: