"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Childhood Excitement

(The drawing above is unrelated to this post - just showing off Maia's artwork.)

Little kids get so excited, it's true, and it's one of the neatest parts of having kids - sharing in their excitement. Last week I mentioned that Maia is really excited about receiving the Eucharist. Yesterday I came downstairs, and Maia addressed me as follows:

M: "Mom, I just CAN'T WAIT to die!"

TM: "What? Why?"

M: "I said, I can't wait to die! I can't wait to see Jesus face to face! That will be awesome!"

TM: "Oh, ok, that's, uh, I mean, that's really great, honey! But what made you think of it?"

M: "Well, I was playing with these Barbie dolls here..." (yes, some Barbie dolls snuck into the house while I wasn't looking) "and then one of them, the pregnant one" (pregnant and NOT showing, I should add) "died, and I thought, wow, sad, but then I thought, no that's great because now she gets to see Jesus! And then that just made me really excited to die!"

TM: "That's fantastic, Maia, but not too soon. I think God has some things for you to do here on earth first."

M: "Oh, alright."

No comments: