"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Anticipating the Eucharist

While munching on a demi-baguette, Maia spontaneously said:

"Mom, the day that I receive Jesus in communion for the first time, I don't think I'll eat anything else that day. I'll just be so happy to have Jesus. Because he's the nicest man in the whole world ever, right? And imagine, I get to have him."

A few hours later, I walked into the kitchen to find Daddy explaining to Maia that the "accidents remain the same" in reference to the Eucharist.

This time Maia had other things on her mind. "Great, Dad, now can I have some more ice cream?"

No comments: