"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ready for the Eucharist

Yesterday I walked up to communion with Patrick facing forward in the sling, per the usual. But unlike the usual, Fr. Jim, who normally distributes the body of Christ with all the solemnity due to the act, broke out with a huge smile.

After the Mass he told me, "I nearly gave your son communion today! He just looked so eager for it, I almost couldn't stop myself."

Fr. Jim is a dual rite priest (Roman and Byzantine), so he has given the Eucharist to babies before. But in Patrick's case, he's going to be waiting for awhile.

Doesn't Patrick look good in black though? I can already see him dressed in clerics...

No comments: