"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Album Review: DogTrain



Recently I was making a purchase from Amazon.com and needed another item to push me over into free shipping (yes, I know Amazon must make a lot of money off of such impulse buys...). Although this wasn't exactly an impulse buy. I've been wanting to buy DogTrain for my kids for quite awhile, since we have Boynton's other albums: Rhinoceros Tap, Philadelphia Chickens, Blue Moo, and, yes Grunt (the barnyard chant cd). DogTrain was the last one we needed.





Both girls were excited to listen to it, although Eva did her best to get involved with the cd player itself. I'm not sure if she was trying to turn up the volume or what, but she managed to pull it off the shelf at one point. What a little climber - recently she started in on trees, and I'm not sure what's safer, bookshelves or trees. Anyway, the album has some great songs on it, including a few that became instant favorites: the Spin Doctors' "Tantrum" (No, no, no, I don't wanna, I don't wanna!), Blues Traveler's "DogTrain," and Kate Winslett/Weird Al Yankovic's "I Need a Nap" (which I've taken as my anthem...). Maia's favorites right now are "Cow Planet" (Billy Kramer) and "(Don't Give Me That) Broccoli" (the Phenomenauts). But we also like the child percussionist's favorite "Pots and Pans" with the Bacon Brothers and Mickey Hart.

video

Above, the girls dance to "DogTrain." Be forewarned that this album may induce children to dangerous dance moves.

No comments: