"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday Bonanza


Maia's birthday always seems to stretch out over a week, which is fine with me so long as it doesn't overtake my own birthday, which is three days later. :) Maia opening birthday gifts at 6:30 a.m. Four and proud of it! Madison and Gia came over for a tea party. Maia helped me plant some herbs during her birthday week.
Birthday cake, take 1.
Scenes from a birthday tea.
Maia (finally!) blows out the candles.

Flying her new kite (from Lou and Rob) with Daddy on the beach.

4 comments:

Emily Hunter McGowin said...

Happy birthday, Maia (and Maria, too). We've found out that our next child is a girl and looking at your pictures makes me eager for our own tea party. :)

Theologian Mom said...

Thanks, Emily! And congrats on the girl! I think it is nice to have both sexes. Hope your end of the semester is going well.

Emily Hunter McGowin said...

Oh, and one more thing. I'm already getting the "Are you going to have more?" inquiry. And, the implication always seems to be: "No, right?" The truth is, I don't know. I haven't even had the second one yet! But, I can already feel myself butting up against the cultural expectation that two is enough. Weird.

Clara said...

Happy birthday. To you!