"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Visual



Here's a picture of me reading that O'Malley book. I was really counting myself very blessed during this reading session pictured above. It started with overlapping afternoon naps, and I managed not to fall asleep myself. One time last week Maia woke up from her nap and crawled into bed with Eva and me, only to fall asleep again - on top of my right arm. With Eva asleep on the left, I was left unable to read (for fear of waking one or the other), and the only thing in my view was a calendar. I had plenty of time to meditate on the fact that it is March, the semester is drawing to a close, and I have a lot of work to do. It wasn't the most pleasant hour I've spent, but it was still easier than trying to watch both girls when they are awake.

No comments: