"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Scholar's Marian Litany Before Work

It's paper-writing time and grading time, and I've been swamped. In the midst of all this work, I wrote this prayer for one of my classmates:
Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, pray for me that I may be free of the sins of pride and despair during my work.
Our Lady of the Annunciation, pray for me that my work may bear the mark of your Son’s Incarnation.
Our Lady of the Visitation, pray for me that my work may benefit from the critiques and comments of others.
Our Lady of the Nativity, pray for me that my work will be done joyfully yet in a spirit of true humility.
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for me that my work may benefit peoples of all nations.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for me that during this time of work I may know God’s constant presence and assistance.
Our Lady, Seat of Wisdom, pray for me that in this work I may learn wisdom in the secret of my heart.
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for me that I may join any frustrations or difficulties of this work to the passion of Christ.
Our Lady of Solitude, pray for me that I may be free of distractions and concentrate on my work in this time of silence.
Our Lady of the Pillar, pray for me that my work may be glorifying to Chaminade, this Marianist university, and all of my benefactors.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for me that my work may not neglect the miraculous and supernatural aspect of our faith.
Our Lady of the Assumption, pray for me that my work may lead me ever closer to my final end in God.
Our Lady, Queen of the Apostles, pray for me that my work make me more fully aware of my role in the Kingdom of God.
Our Lady, Star of the Sea, navigate me through my work today.
O Clement, O Loving, O Sweet Virgin Mary, pray for me.
O Theotokos, Mother of our Lord, pray for me.
O Gracious Advocate, pray for me.
Amen.

1 comment:

RevolutionMe said...

i love icons where jesus looks like a mini-fully grown man.