"You will be a better mom because you are a theologian, and a better theologian because you are a mom."

Is it true? In this blog, I explore the interplay and intersection of motherhood and theologianhood.

Friday, March 28, 2008

No time for exercise?

It can be tough for a busy theologian mom to fit in exercise. That's why a theologian mom sent me the following link to an "exercise of the week" that involves doing a squat and press with an infant. It has a great video of a dad doing the exercise.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=686577

This LONG winter, and long month of March, has prevented Maia's and my trips to the park with the jogging stroller or bicycle. Instead, we've been doing a dancing-in-the-living-room work out. Check it out below - Maia and I dancing to one of her favorite Romanian dance songs, commonly known as "Numa, Numa." I think she thinks this song is about her, since it says "Maia" over and over.
video

I'm still waiting for them to develop some kind of swimming stroller/raft so that I can take Maia swimming with me.

1 comment:

NYTAnonimo said...

Looks like you wore Maia out Maria-that was a lot of hard work hanging out in the sling!